DO YOU SHARE OUR BELIEF THAT FREEDOM SHOULD BE FREE?
We are always looking for volunteers who share our passion for social justice by helping our clients who have been arrested and need bail assistance, or need help through Project GreenLight. We're so glad you're interested in joining our volunteer team! There are a variety of roles available and we would love to hear from you. Students are welcome to apply as interns for work experience or school credit if applicable.
Are you a caring person with genuine warmth and empathy? If so, please consider volunteering for us as a Client Support Advocate.
Our clients need compassion and support after they are bailed out. Most are anxious or confused about the next steps in their court process, and many don’t have a support system of family or friends. As a Client Support Advocate, you’ll greet a client who is released from jail. You’ll help them complete our intake paperwork, provide them with a Bail Box (a supply kit filled with helpful essentials), and determine their immediate needs—which might include calling an Uber so they can get home, or providing a pre-paid phone card so we can stay in contact with them. It typically takes 2-4 hours to complete this process for one client. Hours are flexible, and we’ll work around your schedule. Please note that volunteers are not allowed to provide rides to clients.
Interested? Complete our volunteer application and we’ll be in touch with you soon!
Are you a person who sincerely cares about those in need, and has genuine warmth and empathy? If so, please consider volunteering for our Client Support Team!
Our clients need compassion and support after they are bailed out and navigate what comes after their release. Many of our clients don't have a support system of family or friends...and even if they do have someone waiting for them to be released, our clients are often anxious or confused about the next steps in their court process.
That’s where YOU come in. As a member of the Client Support Team, you'll be a friendly face greeting a client when they are released from jail. You'll help them complete the intake paperwork needed for KCCBF (if it hasn’t already been completed), provide them with a Bail Box (a supply kit filled with essentials the client may need), and determine their immediate needs--which might include calling an Uber so they can get home, or providing a pre-paid phone so we can stay in contact with them.
- Pick up supplies from a Bail Fund employee, including a Bail Box, intake paper work, and a resource sheet.
- Go to the assigned detention center and wait in the lobby for the client or client(s) to be released. Please note that the waiting time is not predictable, but it's typically 1-3 hours.
- Complete paper work with the client and confirm that they know when their next court date is.
- Answer the clients' questions about how the Bail Fund works and their next steps.
- If the client needs transportation to get home, call an Uber or Lyft (paid for by the Bail Fund).
- Send all documentation and court paperwork to our Executive Director.
- As a member of the Client Support Team, we will work around your schedule.
- One volunteer will provide support to no more than two clients at a time.
- Those interested in volunteering for the Client Support Team will receive training and will always have access to a Bail Fund employee for assistance.